Thank you to all of the volunteers, donors, attendees and members of the Bei Dou Xing community for making Saturday’s event a success! If you weren’t able to make it, you still have a chance to sign up for the few remaining openings in some of the experiences. You can also order photo books here through Sunday, May 4.
Follow this link to sign up (and pay via Paypal) for one or more of the following experiences:
Golden Valley Progressive Dinner 9 Openings Remain: May 17, $75/person – Join fellow parents while enjoying a meal at four different homes in Golden Valley. Hosted by the Burke, Hagen, Li and Ruthenbeck families.
Summer Solstice Games Only 4 Openings: June 21, $40/person – Come to the Sherwood Forest neighborhood for games, appetizers and drinks in honor of the Summer Solstice. Hosted by the O’Dell/Blatz, Bell, Finlay, Fish, Nguyen and Orr families.
Cave’ Vin More Spaces Added: June 12, $75/person – Partake in a four course meal including beverages at Cave Vin in South Minneapolis. Delicious food, beverages and fun parents! Hosted by Jeff & Nancy Litvack.
After School Fried Rice with Niu Loashi 7 Spaces Open: Monday, May 12, $15/student – Students will learn to make fried rice with Lin Niu. After cooking and enjoying their rice, they will receive a recipe to bring home!
Our biggest and best event is 2 weeks away! Here are some highlights for the evening to give you an idea of what’s in store.
New this year
- Fund-A-Teacher – Help our teachers with their education
- Heads or Tails – Try your luck at a chance to win “A Night Out on the Town”.
- Wine Pull – Everyone who plays wins and takes home a bottle of wine!
- Take Out – “Buy it now” restaurant gift cards
Experiences – Events hosted by XinXing families. Fun that you don’t want to miss!
- Golden Valley Progressive Dinner (May 17, $75/person) – Join fellow parents while enjoying a meal at four different homes in Golden Valley. Hosted by the Burke, Hagen, Li and Ruthenbeck families.
- Tacos & Tequila (July 12, $50/person) – Enjoy a traditional Mexican taquiza and tequila tasting hosted by the Trujillo and Spinosa de Vega families.
- Summer Solstice Games– (June 21, $40/person) – Come to the Sherwood Forest neighborhood for games, appetizers and drinks in honor of the Summer Solstice. Hosted by the O’Dell/Blatz, Bell, Finlay, Nguyen and Orr families.
- Cave Vin – (June 12, $75/person) – Partake in a four course meal including beverages at Cave Vin in South Minneapolis. Delicious food, beverages and fun families! Hosted by Jeff & Nancy Litvack.
- Football with Minnesota Viking Sharrif Floyd (Date TBD in July, $50/child) – Bring your son, daughter, grandchild, niece, nephew or any other child interested in spending two hours with Sharrif Floyd of the Minnesota Vikings!
Plus, an opportunity to bid on other great activities and items including a Surly Brewery tour package, children’s birthday parties, pampering facials and spa treatments, tickets to sporting events, family activity passes to MN Zoo, MIA, ICON Theaters, Hyland Ski area, …
…and much more! Don’t delay, buy your tickets now!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? View the Sponsorship Levels and fill out the Sponsor Commitment Form. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download (PDF, 186KB)
- April 26, 2014
- 6:30 p.m. at Pinstripes
- 3849 Gallagher Drive, Edina
- $50 per person includes dinner, silent and live auctions, bowling and bocce ball
Purchase Tickets (immediate payment via PayPal is required) Note: ticket link will be shut down at 6pm the day before the event, tickets will be sold at the door the night of the event.
Learn more about Longevity
Thank You To All Of Our Longevity Sponsors!
Golden Dragon Sponsors:
(click on logos to visit sponsor websites)
Silver Dragon Sponsors:
The Michael & Diana Sands Family
Bronze Dragon Sponsors:
Mary and Don Anderson
Iron Dragon Sponsors:
Richard & Jan Pogue
Interested in sponsoring Longevity? View the Sponsorship Levels and send an email to Longevity0426@gmail.com for more info.
Bei Dou Xing has awarded two Laoshi Grants for the 2013-2014 school year. Li Laoshi (K) and Niu Laoshi (2nd) each received a $1000 grant to help offset educational costs incurred this year while working towards licensure. XinXing teachers are required to attain licensure in order to continue teaching here, so we all want to see them succeed! Support for teacher licensure is paid from the Bei Dou Xing Laoshi Fund which is funded by proceeds from Longevity and Laoshi Book sales (Chinese books with a teacher-recorded CD).
Purchase your Longevity tickets on Thursday, February 27, 2014 and receive a $5 discount.
- Presale ticket price: $45 includes silent and live auction event, dinner, bowling, bocce at Pinstripes in Edina
- Presale tickets may be purchased either online or in person at the Lunar New Year Performance on February 27th only.
- To purchase online, please visit this page on Thursday, February 27 and follow the “purchase tickets” link
Don’t miss this ONE-DAY-ONLY sale! Regular ticket sales will begin March 18. And be sure to mark your calendar for Longevity on April 26, 2014.
Proceeds from Longevity benefit the Bei Dou Xing Cultural and Laoshi Funds. Follow this link to learn more about Longevity.