Chinese is a practical language to learn given that China is the world’s most populous nation and it has many political and economic ties with the U.S. Being bilingual in Chinese and English will open many doors for our students in the future. (Source:www.askasia.org) More Info on the benefits of Mandarin Immersion.
• Immersion is the fastest- growing and most effective type of academic foreign language program available.
• Not only do students develop proficiency in the immersion language, they also develop increased cultural awareness.
• Foreign language immersion develops more flexible thinking and has a positive effect on students’ cognitive development.
• Immersion students achieve as well as or better than their non-immersion peers on standardized tests that measure verbal and mathematical skills.
(Source:www.cal.org) More info on Language Immersion
Additional Research and Articles
- Immersion Education and Research
- Top 10 Questions from Parents about Immersion
- American Council on Immersion Education (ACIE) Newsletter Articles Online Archive
- Being bilingual ‘protects brain’
- Does Bilingualism Help Children Learn to Read?
- Giving the gift of a language
- Cognitive Benefits of Learning Language
- The Impact of Bilingualism on Overall Language Development and Academic Success
- Year of the Chinese Language
- Language Learning and the Brain
- What Parents Want to Know About Foreign Language Immersion Programs
- Why Chinese
- Benefits of Early Language Learning
- Second Language Learning: Everyone Can Benefit
- Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquistion
- Center for Applied Linguistics